I just happened to hear an ad for this while listening. Apparently if you are an existing subscriber and purchase a boombox or home kit, you can get a free Starmate. You must also purchase at least a 6 month subscription (at the $6.99 rate)
While it's certainly not "free", if you were planning on getting a second unit or home kit, this would be a pretty good deal. Log into your account to see this option. While the terms say a free Starmate or Sportster, the picture shows a Starmate Replay and One, so I'm not sure what you would actually get.
1. Free radio must be ordered by September 25th, 2006. Limit two radios per subscriber. Offer available only while supplies last.
2. Offer open only from August 21st, 2006 through September 25th, 2006, to existing Sirius subscribers, whose accounts are in good standing.
3. A pre-paid subscription of at least six months, paid by credit card (which may be combined with SIRIUS prepaid card), must be activated for each free radio.
4. If free radio(s) is not activated five days after shipment, Sirius reserves the right to bill subscriber for the minimum subscription associated with this promotion (six months) with the credit card on file within the subscriber's programming account. Subscription will initiate immediately.
5. If unable to bill the subscriber for the minimum subscription and the free radio is not activated with the minimum subscription by October 15th, 2006, Sirius will charge subscriber for full price of hardware, including taxes, with the credit card information on file within the Sirius online store
6. Shipping and handling charges will apply to all radio orders. Free Starmate or Sportster radio requires purchase of a home kit, executive dock or boombox. Sirius makes no warranties with respect to Sirius-compatible hardware.
7. After completion of the initial subscription period, service will renew automatically for additional periods of the same length on Sirius' standard Terms & Conditions.
8. Promotion valid only for United States subscribers. Canadian subscribers are not eligible.
9. Subscription to service is sold separately from hardware and is supplied in accordance with Sirius' standard Terms & Conditions. Service may not be available in all areas. Service cannot be assigned or transferred.
10. Free radio cannot be sold or transferred. Offer cannot be combined with any other gift or rebate offer
11. SIRIUS reserves the right to modify or terminate this offer at any time. All fees and programming are subject to change. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.