Sirius - 54%
XM - 46%
YEAR TO DATE
Sirius - 58%
XM - 42%
Click Chart To Enlarge
SOME INTERESTING NUMBERS
1. Satellite radio sales were up 18% over the previous month.
2. Satellite radio sales were up 8% over last year
3. Sirius sales were up 16% over the previous month.
4. Sirius sales were up 23% over last year.
5. XM sales were up 19% over the previous month.
6. XM sales were down 9% under last year
In the past NPD has always seemed to "overstate" the retail share of Sirius. In Q1 2006, NPD "understated" the retail share of Sirius by about 6 percentage points. This revesal of how NPD compares to the NET retail subscribers as reported by Sirius and XM is likely attributable to Sirius beefing up sales at NON-NPD channels such as Wal Mart, and direct on line sales.
NPD partners represent more than 120,000 doors worldwide. Additionally NPD works with distributors in targeted industries to provide comprehensive views of the market. Their network spans key retail distribution channels such as department stores, national chains, specialty stores, mass and more.Equipped with NPD information, retailers and the manufacturers that supply products to them can better understand how their performance compares to what is happening in the rest of the market.
Get more info and numbers at SSG