After posting some rumor below, we got hit with over 200 emails.. Now we also got some new info on all this. This is the cool thing about the little SIRIUS world we live in, people go around and do some leg work to find new info, and thanks to all the emailers who have...
First off the TOSHIBA Rumor:
2 folks found that BDS Marketing, is also a company that is located in Irvine, CA. www.bdsmktg.com. BDS Marketing helps SIRIUS with training and visit retail locations throughout the US. So as we said, this TOSHIBA thing is just a rumor..
The S50 discontinued Rumor:
One other emailer gave a view on the S50, and if it will stay on the market..
We are told that S50 will remain in market to compete with XM's Nexus.
Like the S50 is not live on the go.
Here are some S50 advantages over the Nexus...
1. Color Display (Nexus is black and white)
2. Voice assisted navigation (not on the Nexus)
3. Channel Logos (not on the Nexus)
4. The S50 knows your 3 most listened to channels, "My Sirius Channels" (no such feature on the Nexus)
5. S50 does not require an extra "Passport" Chip to receive live sat signal (Nexus requires the "passport" to receive XM)
6. The S50 is packaged with the car cradle (nexus will only come with the home dock)
7. The S50 will have a few accessories available. Armbands, Skins, Extra Batteries, Exec docking station, etc. (none for the Nexus announced yet)
8. the S50 can be updated at anytime with firmware updates. (Nexus be updated?)
As Mel Stated on the Q1 conf call, Sirius will have a "live" portable by this Summer. This unit will receive live signal in & out of the dock, and feature a buy button. This will be the direct competitor to XM's (delayed again until May) Helix and Inno.
So thanks for all the emails, we will stay on these stories, we will update as we get more info. Sure we post rumors, and make the rumors clear from the non-rumors. We also follow up on these stories.