FULL Starmate Replay Review:
I got my Starmate replay today, thanks to CMA who just shiped on Wednesday! Once more super service!! Fast Shipment, and first to have it..
This by far is the smallest Sirius receiver I have seen, and looks cutting edge. It is a very nice size, very thin and light, my TV remote weighs more, then it.
1. The FM preset button, this is a button that will let you preset 5 FM Frequencies to broadcast on, this is super for people like me who live in the middle of 3 major metros, at my house I can get Philadelphia and Baltimore stations, I work out side DC so as I drive at times the FM Feq that worked at my house but as I drove it got static.
2. Memo or song/artiest seek, also very cool if you like Beatles you can set the radio to tell you any time a Beatles song is playing on any Sirius Station. I will also let you do it just for one song.
3. New for the Starmate is the Jump button, this will let you store a traffic channel, or you can use it as a preset. It works the same as the ones on the Sportster
5. Station 000, when you get this out of the
6. Display is much better then the old Starmate, the Blue is very nice to the eyes, also it is very clear, the best yet. You can change the display to a 2 line or 1 line display (helps see far away) Also if you hold the Display button you can get a list view of all the stations, hit display again, and then you switch between Station Name, Song Title, and Artiest Name. When you use the reply function you will see a large bar to show were you are in the recording. When in replay the clock changes to a â€œbehind live timeâ€� (-0:)
7. The car kit, is nice the bracket that clips on the radio has a place for the wires. But if you want to plug and play, there is a few more steps to take it out of your car. Unlike the Sportster, you have to unplug the wires (that will stay in place because the bracket holds them up) then unclip the radio from the bracket. There is a very small clip you push to make the radio pop off the bracket.
8. Controls are also set up very nice, I love the Sirius Logo Dog on the center button, good branding. I have the 1st Starmate and the buttons were hard to hit with my big fingers, I have noticed that these buttons are not as sensitive so you will not hit the worng button by mistake.
10. Warm, it runs warm but not as bad past radios.
11. Wires out the side, this is a slight down fall, the wires popping out the side, the good thing is that the mounting bracket holds the wires so you can tuck them around, the car power cord and Ant both have 90 degree plugs, so the wires wrap very nice.
12. The Antenna, it is not like the antenna that was packed with the sportster replay, This is just the regular low profile antenna, not the flatter dish shaped on with that coin looking thing in the middle.
13. The sound, it sounds very good over both the line out and the FM transmitter.
14. Home kit, the power cord from my old Starmate will power this, but the old home bracket will not fit..
If you want to buy one the only place that has it is Color Match Antenna